Species Distribution and Biogeography
A scientific sample always includes collection data; otherwise, the sample is scientifically worthless. The necessary data include the collection location and time, and the name of the collector. In addition to collection location data, information about the species' propagation and migration times accumulates from monitoring, where the work of volunteers is of great importance. Luomus studies the distributions of plants, the migration routes of birds and different ways to measure the diversity of biota.
- Abundance and distribution of birds | Curator Jari Valkama and curator Aleksi Lehikoinen
- Bird ringing | Curator Jari Valkama
- Biodiversity assessment | curator Pedro Cardoso
- Biodiversity informatics | curator Pedro Cardoso
- Island biogeography | curator Pedro Cardoso
- Phylogeography of aquatic fauna | Senior curator Risto Väinölä