Endangered Species and Conservation
Finland has committed to the UN's convention concerning biological diversity, which dictates that more and more resources are to be directed to research on nature's diversity and to stopping its disappearance. Many poor countries have a rich nature, the mapping and protection of which they cannot afford without our help. Luomus participates by producing information on different groups of species in Finland and in the world, and by developing methods of protection.
- Ex-Situ Conservation of Finnish Native Plant Species | Unit Director Marko Hyvärinen
- Conservation biology and red listing of species | Curator Pedro Cardoso
- Red listing of fungi | Nature Conservation Officer Tea von Bonsdorff-Salminen
- Monitoring and red listing of hemipterans and small insect orders | Curator Anders Albrecht
- Bird conservation and endangered species | Curator Jari Valkama and curator Aleksi Lehikoinen