The effects of the coronavirus situation at the Luomus public attractions
Page updated 2.10.2020.
The public attractions of the Finnish Museum of Natural History Luomus are open as follows:
- The free entrance days are canceled until further notice.
- The group size on guided tours at the Natural History Museum is limited to max. 15 persons. For bigger groups (max 30 persons), two 30 min. tours can be arranged.
- Guided tours in the glasshouses of Kaisaniemi Botanic Garden can be booked for November. The tour group size is limited to max. 10 persons.
- Pre-booking is recommended for self-directed group visits to the Natural History Museum and the glasshouses of Kaisaniemi Botanic Garden. Book your visit here.
- You will find more information about venue hirings and photography permits here.
- Further information about the coronavirus situation at the University of Helsinki.
Special arrangements and new guidelines for visitors
You are welcome to visit Luomus as long as you are healthy and symptom-free! We strongly recommend over 15-year-olds to wear protective face masks when visiting the public attractions of Luomus. We have imposed restrictions on the number of visitors allowed inside the public attractions of Luomus. Please prepare for possible interruptions in ticket sales. Unfortunately, tickets cannot be purchased in advance.
We recommend that groups book their visit in advance through our booking page.
For hygiene reasons, items that can be touched and material to be distributed have been removed from the exhibitions of the Natural History Museum. In addition, visitors cannot currently eat their own packed lunches or snacks in the Natural History Museum facilities or the Kaisaniemi Botanic Garden glasshouses. Our cafés are open to visitors at all our public attractions.
Please follow the guidelines below at the public attractions of Luomus:
- You are welcome to visit Luomus as long as you are healthy and symptom-free!
- We hope you wear a face mask (strong recommendation for over 15-year-olds)
- Be mindful of good hand hygiene, and do not touch exhibition items or surfaces unnecessarily.
- Keep a distance of at least one metre from other visitors and staff.
- We prefer card payment.
- Cough and sneeze into your sleeve or a disposable tissue.
- Follow the indicated walking route in the Natural History Museum facilities and the Kaisaniemi glasshouses.